The three-day Easter weekend in PA was wonderful. I'm so thankful to be able to get away to another home that's pretty easy driving distance. My brother just bought a house, and is in the process of drastic remodeling, so we got in and got our hands dirty... At least Zach did... My contributions were somewhat limited--hanging drywall isn't really in my field of experience or expertise. I pulled up some carpet and swept up the dirt.
On Friday, I baked and then decorated cookies with my four-year-old niece... Oh so cute! I'll post pictures as soon as I get them. My camera is still dead, but thankfully, her mother is a good mother who carries a camera with her everywhere :-) My grandmother also joined us for the afternoon and evening, and it was really nice to have a chance to talk with her and be reminded of the rich heritage of family. The laughable moment of the evening (and unfortunately one for which I was responsible) came when we realized that the brownies I had made us for dessert had no flour in them... because I had forgotten to put it in. I have to say, the final product was really very good--very rich and chocolaty--but a little less like brownies than we were anticipating. Somehow, they were still eaten, so I guess there weren't too many serious objections.
It seems that spring has sprung overnight in Virginia. I am going to enjoy this last spring here in Arlington with all the blossoming trees and flowers outside. Now, if it could just get warm out!
No comments:
Post a Comment