In the process of preparing for, applying for, and interviewing for b-school, I had forgotten what a weekend really felt like... I spent my weekends last fall studying for the GMAT, writing essays, and then preparing for interviews. I guess it was just a soft reminder of what it will be to get back into school. Still, it has been wonderful to have a few real weekends over the past couple weeks since wrapping up the application and interview process.
This past weekend was great--lots of food and friends. On Saturday, I made regular bread for my hubby and lasagna and italian bread to take to a friend's house for dinner. It's been a while since I've done lasagna, and I remembered it really is an all-day process. Thankfully, I had all day. I think that took care of my cooking urges for a little while. The important thing was, of course, that the lasagna tasted good. At least I thought it did. You'll have to ask Zach to know for sure. It has been so long since I made him bread, because we've been a little busy on the weekends recently, so he was none too disappointed about that. I just have to enjoy having a kitchen and counter space for the next 2 1/2 months while it lasts... who knows what we'll have in NY :-)
Sunday was just as nice as Saturday. I sang with the worship team on Sunday morning and then we had time for our weekly "bagel date" at Panera after church. Then it was home for a nap--I love Sunday afternoons! And this one was even better, because it included a trip to the Cheesecake Factory with some friends that I hadn't seen for a while. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake is the best. Try it.
As if it could get any better (and it did), my hubby and I went out to dinner and then settled in at home for a quiet evening--we even caught some of the Oscars before bed. All in all, it was a real Weekend, and I hope there are lots more to follow this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment