Thank you P.G. Wodehouse for teaching me the meaning of the word "imponderable," because I think it is the only word that could possibly describe the way I feel about economics at this moment. Yes, you guessed it, I am in the middle of midterms and finals (some of my classes are only half-term classes), and have spent the last 4 hours thinking about profit maximization, marginal revenue, elasticity of demand, and other topics that should be classified as four-letter words.
I might be exagerating just a little bit.
But not too much.
I had an accounting midterm yesterday, which boosted my spirits. I'm not sure if it's fair to credit accrual accounting, cash flows, and balance sheets with boosting your spirits, but if nothing else, it was confirmation that I have learned something this semester. But now my attention is turned to economics, on which I will be tested Monday, and then statistics, for my test on Tuesday. Economics is, arguably, very valuable for understanding business and the way the financial world works. But it has definitely been the source of no small frustration this semester because of the nature of the class/teacher/methods. Nevertheless, I will come out knowing a lot more than I started with. Hopefully it's just the lot more that our professor expects us to know for the exam. I suppose we shall see!
Pip, pip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment