Number One: Open Air market in Union Square: sunshine, stands filled with fresh-baked bread and pastries, dairy-fresh milk and yogurt-fruit smoothies, and beautiful fresh produce. I came away with a big bunch of fresh basil, a large head of fresh romaine, and some brilliant purple onions with the tops still on. You could tell it was all fresh--there was still soil on it from being dug up. It made a pretty tasty salad tonight. The market is in the square every Wednesday and Saturday. I spotted fresh ice cream from one of the dairy farms in a bunch of really fun flavors, so I'm going to have to take Zach there some Saturday for that one.
Number Two: Sushi for super cheap--even by non-NYC standards. There's a cafe in the atrium above Zach's subway stop where they make sushi. Around 5:30, right before they close, they mark it all down to like half price, so it's super cheap for 8-piece rolls. It was good too! Zach and I enjoyed some tonight, and I have the feeling that we'll stop by a few more times this summer. Good times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment